Saturday, August 25, 2007

glad to be a father

Earlier this summer I was visiting my adult daughter, who lives a time zone away. A couple of interesting things happened.

We were spending a relaxing evening at her apartment. She said, "Dad, I want to smoke you up." Now, I knew she smoked pot, and she knew I had, at least in the past. So my kid got me high. What a proud pappa I am! We watched old intermission shorts from drive-ins where they promoted their various snacks, and I got a wicked case of the munchies. I had her scour her cupboards until she came up with some pretzels, and then I was OK.

The next day, I decided to tell her I had taken up writing. And then I told her what kind of writing. She said, "I do that too. Do you submit to Literotica?" "I do." We decided very quickly not to exchange pen names.

She's a very cool kid.

6 comments:

Fusion said...

She sounds like a keeper for sure Al.

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious! I think I'm probably permanently high on the fumes in the house, but I don't smoke with her. It makes me far too comatose, and she'd just borrow money from me.

G said...

Al - I know if my dad were still alive I'd toke up with him too. You are so lucky and so is she to have such a great dad. This post makes me miss mine.

I love those old drive-in snack commercials! They have them available on pay-per-view cable. (I watch to much TV)

Katie Schwartz said...

I love your daughter. That is so funny and fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Al - I'm so late with this comment, but what a great relationship!

I love how the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

Black Birds and Rowanberries said...

Great readingg your blog